Car and Auto AC Repair
The air conditioning is the most popular feature of any car during the summer months, so it’s important to make sure your service center specializes in Car and Auto AC Repair so you can get the most out of your vehicle. The AC also serves an important purpose year-round by defrosting your windows when needed.
Problems with the AC can include:
- Car air conditioning is blowing warm air instead of cold air
- Bad odors are emanating from the air vents
- Water is leaking onto the floor boards
- Weaker than normal air flow
These are complicated problems and can be caused by a myriad of different issues, from a simple freon leak to a failed compressor or blend door motor. Unfortunately, there is often no sign of an issue until your air conditioner or heat fails completely, there are no warning lights as there are for many other systems on your car. Luckily, our auto AC repair technicians are highly experienced with car AC problems of all stripes, and have the tools necessary to fix them.
“Compressor, blend door, freon – this sounds complicated!”
There are many complex parts to your car AC systems and any of these points can fail. Here are many of the names of the parts that your AC system includes:
- Freon: This gas, also know as refrigerant, is what your air conditioner uses to keep you cool inside your car.
- Compressor: The main component of your AC, the compressor pumps freon gas to the condenser to be cooled.
- Condenser: The AC condenser changes the freon gas to a liquid under high pressure which removes heat.
- Receiver Drier: This component ensures removal of any moisture from the liquid freon, which can cause problems with your AC.
- Expansion Valve: This valve relieves pressure from the liquid freon, allowing it to become a gas once again.
- Evaporator: This component is where the liquid freon vaporizes into a gas and how it removes the hot air from the passenger compartment. Afterwards, the Freon gas is sent back to the compressor and the cycle starts over again.
As you can see, your climate control system is very complex, so be sure to let a trusted and skilled car and auto AC repair facility maintain your vehicle!