Tire Service Raleigh
Our Raleigh tire service will make sure your tires are in good shape, and repair or replace them if not. Your tires are responsible for keeping your vehicle safely in contact with the road. You should visually inspect your tires regularly for uneven or low tread conditions. Doing so will ensure you get the most out of your tires and maximize gas mileage.
What should I be looking for?
There are many things you should be on the lookout for when inspecting your tires and determining whether or not you need our Raleigh tire service, including:
- Tread depth should not be below 2/32nds of an inch, as indicated by wear bars between your tire tread
- Proper inflation, as indicated by the placard on the inside of your driver’s front door jam.
- Tread wear should be even across the whole tire
- Bulges or unusual protuberances on the tire, especially the sidewall.
- Objects, such as nails or screws, embedded in the tire
- Exposed metal cords, typically out of bald tires.
And don’t forget, a penny saved is a penny earned!
Early or uneven wear can be caused by many factors, including:
- Improperly inflated tires
- Improper alignment
- High speed cornering
- Rims damaged by hitting potholes or curbs
- Frequently slamming on the brakes
Eastgate Automotive’s experienced technicians handle any and every tire issue on a daily basis, so if you have any concerns or notice anything mentioned, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Our Raleigh tire service experts can also install, rotate, balance and repair tires while you wait, and we carry every major brand of tire!